Images in FastReport are trimmed

Version of Origam in use: 7179

Environment:
user environment

Object:
PDF document generated

Initial conditions:

• I have created a FastReport scheme .frx
  • There are different pictures used in the report (using .png pictures)
  • There was no special preferencies set to the pictures - they were just inserted in the picture object.
  • The pictures are nicely visible in the FastReport preview - see below two examples.

Steps to reproduce:
I open the PDF document in User Environment

Expected result:
All pictures are nicely visible as in the preview in FastReport.

Current result:
The pictures are cropped from the left side and from the top.

Comment:
In some older versions of Origam, the pictures were displayed correctly.
Is there any way how to make the pictures display correctly or it is a bug?

1 Like

Can you identify in what ORIGAM version it was ok?

It seems to me that FastReport has some problems under Linux. I think it could be beneficial if you try to start ORIGAM on Windows to see it. The symptoms here are the same as with other FastReport problems: Works in Windows designer but doesn’t under Linux Docker image.

I guess, that the Origam version, where the pictures were ok, was id. 7083.

Concerning the start of ORIGAM on Windows I will contact you directly for details. I resp. my colleagues need some guidance in this process.

Use Hosting HTML5 in Internet Information Services (IIS) article for step-by-step instructions.

Please try the latest master build. We have upgraded FastReport and from their changelog it seems they fixed some image rendering issues on Linux.

Hi, I upgradet to the latest master build - the Architect is now no. 2021.2.0.2072 (updated Docker and replaced folders Root, Menu and Security in the min the current Root model).
After opening Architect, the following error message appeared before displaying my model (the model was working without any problems before the updateting)

In the user interface the PDF reports are no longer availabe - the following error message appeared:

{“ClassName”:“System.TypeLoadException”,“Message”:“Method ‘GetInternalSymbol’ in type ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Symbols.ImplicitNamedTypeSymbol’ from assembly ‘Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp, Version=3.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ does not have an implementation.”,“Data”:null,“InnerException”:null,“HelpURL”:null,“StackTraceString”:" at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation…ctor(String assemblyName, CSharpCompilationOptions options, ImmutableArray1 references, CSharpCompilation previousSubmission, Type submissionReturnType, Type hostObjectType, Boolean isSubmission, ReferenceManager referenceManager, Boolean reuseReferenceManager, SyntaxAndDeclarationManager syntaxAndDeclarations, IReadOnlyDictionary2 features, SemanticModelProvider semanticModelProvider, AsyncQueue1 eventQueue)\n at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation..ctor(String assemblyName, CSharpCompilationOptions options, ImmutableArray1 references, CSharpCompilation previousSubmission, Type submissionReturnType, Type hostObjectType, Boolean isSubmission, ReferenceManager referenceManager, Boolean reuseReferenceManager, SyntaxAndDeclarationManager syntaxAndDeclarations, SemanticModelProvider semanticModelProvider, AsyncQueue1 eventQueue)\n at Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.CSharpCompilation.Create(String assemblyName, CSharpCompilationOptions options, IEnumerable1 syntaxTrees, IEnumerable`1 references, CSharpCompilation previousSubmission, Type returnType, Type hostObjectType, Boolean isSubmission)\n at FastReport.Code.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider.CompileAssemblyFromSource(CompilerParameters cp, String code)\n at FastReport.Code.AssemblyDescriptor.InternalCompile(CompilerParameters cp, CompilerResults& cr)\n at FastReport.Code.AssemblyDescriptor.InternalCompile()\n at FastReport.Code.AssemblyDescriptor.Compile()\n at FastReport.Report.Compile()\n at FastReport.Report.Prepare(Boolean append)\n at Origam.BI.FastReport.FastReportService.GetReport(Guid reportId, IXmlContainer data, String format, Hashtable parameters, String dbTransaction) in D:\a\1\s\origam-source\Origam.BI.FastReport\FastReportService.cs:line 66\n at Origam.Workflow.ReportServiceAgent.GetReport(Guid reportId, IXmlContainer data, String format, Hashtable parameters) in D:\a\1\s\origam-source\Origam.Workflow\Service Agents\ReportServiceAgent.cs:line 55\n at Origam.Workflow.ReportServiceAgent.Run() in D:\a\1\s\origam-source\Origam.Workflow\Service Agents\ReportServiceAgent.cs:line 154\n at Origam.Workbench.Services.CoreServices.ReportService.GetReport(Guid reportId, XmlDocument data, String format, Hashtable parameters, String transactionId) in D:\a\1\s\origam-source\Origam.Workbench.Services\CoreServices\ReportService.cs:line 49\n at Origam.ServerCore.Controller.ReportController.HandleReport(ReportRequest reportRequest, String reportName) in D:\a\1\s\origam-source\Origam.ServerCore\Controller\ReportController.cs:line 119\n at Origam.ServerCore.Controller.ReportController.Get(Guid reportRequestId) in D:\a\1\s\origam-source\Origam.ServerCore\Controller\ReportController.cs:line 100",“RemoteStackTraceString”:null,“RemoteStackIndex”:0,“ExceptionMethod”:null,“HResult”:-2146233054,“Source”:“Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp”,“WatsonBuckets”:null,“TypeLoadClassName”:“Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Symbols.ImplicitNamedTypeSymbol”,“TypeLoadAssemblyName”:“Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp, Version=3.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35”,“TypeLoadMessageArg”:“GetInternalSymbol”,“TypeLoadResourceID”:6012}

Seems the dependency could cause this problem. Let’s see the tomorrow’s build.

I am now using ORIGAM version 2021.2.0.2091 and the pictures are now displayed correctly in the reports. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.