Not displaying "č" at the end of words in pdf generated from FastReport

The update to the latest master version 7145 did not helped (nor in the user interface nor in the Architect).
What more, now when I am Dicconnecting the Model in Architect, an error occurs.
obrazek

I updated Architect (via Setup_Master_Setup_master_7145_artifacts), updated Docker as well, but still no “č” at the end of somer words.
Another czech letters are displayed.

In FastReport preview all letters are visible, in user interface of Origam (pdf document) not. I am not able to display the preview in Architect.

Comparison of previes in FastReprot and Origam UserInterface.

Did you try to use the built-in font or add custom fonts to your Docker image?

I am using the built-in font of Docker. There is not a custom Docker image in this project created yet. In this case I created the FastReport using font Microsoft Sans Serif for the not working text.

So can you try using the font mentioned here for the design of your report instead of MS Sans Serif?

I used DejaVu Sans Mono in the FastReport and the preview there was ok. Anyway in the Origam UserInterface the “č” at the end of words is still not displayed.

I will try to create custom Docker Image and I will see what will happen.

So I tryed to create custom Docker Image and I am using font Arial. The FastReport is also created in Arial font.
The letter “č” is still missing at the end of all words. It is the one exeption of czech diacritics - I tried again other specific czech letters s and those are displayed correctly at the end of words.

Bad. Could you please help us by submitting an issue to GitHub - FastReport? Please link the issue here afterwards.

Issue reported - Not displaying "č" at the end of words using FastReport .frx document in Origam · Issue #288 · FastReports/FastReport · GitHub

1 Like

Cool. Not sure if it helps them to know you use ORIGAM as they probably have no idea. Instead maybe tell them we are using the latest FastReport Opensource release 2021.2.0 on Linux .net 5 docker image (also did not work on .net core 3.1). We use standard Microsoft .net core/.,net 5 docker base images.

Interesting

Thanks for this idea (I have not tried it yet), but my colleague found a workaround for the missing “č”.

If in the FastReport is added at the end of a word a sign for a No-break space [Chr(160)] according to ASCII and ANSI Character Table, the letter “č” will not disappear and is visible also in the PDF in ORIGAM runing on Linux.

Hi Tomáš,

this works!

But there was a problem to build the library because linux was missing pango. I have found this article missing package: pangocairo - The Battle for Wesnoth Forums and added a missing dependency:

sudo apt-get install libpango1.0-dev

(it could be done in one command in getting dependencies)

Then after installation and restarting docker it works!

Question:

• Will you add this rebuilding of libgdiplus library to standard origam docker distribution or should we build our own docker for each solution?

Makes sense that we provide the base image with the rebuilt library so it works with FastReport by default.

Could you contribute?

Here is the DockerFile:

Sure, I can prepare it … I will post the pull request when it will be ready.

1 Like

I only don’t know how to correctly test it because I am missing HTML5 directory to copy files into docker image based on dockerfile.

COPY --chown=origam:origam HTML5 /home/origam/HTML5
1 Like

It has been built, you can test it.

1 Like

Great! Works perfectly:

in my origam/server:master-latest (few days old):
obrazek

in origam/server:2021.2-beta.1.2108
obrazek

1 Like

A small fix:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.