What is the best way to view a blob?

I have a workflow that produces an excel report. The used method ReportService.GetReport filles the data into the report and outputs them as a blob into a context store. I want to view the report without saving it first. What is the best way to do it?

I tried using the method ReportService.PrintReport, but it ends with an error.

022-02-02 12:29:28,326 [Workflow 5b572ab1-3156-4213-8634-29eb62910c3e] ERROR Origam.Workflow.WorkflowHost - Origam.OrigamException: Specified method is not supported.
 ---> System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
   at Origam.BI.Excel.ExcelService.PrintReport(Guid reportId, IXmlContainer data, String printerName, Int32 copies, Hashtable parameters)
   at Origam.Workflow.ReportServiceAgent.PrintReport(Guid reportId, IXmlContainer data, String printerName, Int32 copies, Hashtable parameters) in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\Service Agents\ReportServiceAgent.cs:line 48
   at Origam.Workflow.ReportServiceAgent.Run() in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\Service Agents\ReportServiceAgent.cs:line 162
   at Origam.Workflow.Tasks.ServiceMethodCallEngineTask.OnExecute() in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\Tasks\ServiceMethodCallEngineTask.cs:line 215
   at Origam.Workflow.ProfilingTools.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<ExecuteAndLogDuration>g__FuncToExecute|0() in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\ProfilingTools.cs:line 69
   at Origam.Workflow.ProfilingTools.ExecuteAndLogDuration(Func`1 funcToExecute, String logEntryType, String path, String id, Func`1 logOnlyIf) in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\ProfilingTools.cs:line 108
   at Origam.Workflow.ProfilingTools.ExecuteAndLogDuration(Action action, String logEntryType, String path, String id, Func`1 logOnlyIf) in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\ProfilingTools.cs:line 74
   at Origam.Workflow.Tasks.AbstractWorkflowEngineTask.MeasuredExecution() in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\Tasks\AbstractWorkflowEngineTask.cs:line 105
   at Origam.Workflow.Tasks.ServiceMethodCallEngineTask.Execute() in D:\a\1\s\backend\Origam.Workflow\Tasks\ServiceMethodCallEngineTask.cs:line 71

Excel cannot be viewed with a browser unless you have some sophisticated Excel viewer solution set up. Without it you need to open it using Excel or upload it to Google Docs or Office365 for a web viewer.

In the end I have managed in a roundabout way. I have simplified the workflow to only a screen based on the SD entity that is used for the selection of parameters needed by the report method (filter on the report data structure). The report itself is shown as a UI button - Report Action on the SD entity.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.