Transformations are used in sequential workflows and other places where you need to modify data loaded from a database or transform them to a different format.
From one XML structure to another XML structure
From XML to other formats, e.g. HTML or PDF
Filter or update the same XML document
Create an HTML as a data-based API page
ORIGAM uses XSLT as a transformation language. XSLT is a template based language for working with XML data.
Transformations are used in:
- DataTransformationService.Transform method to manipulate data in sequential workflows
- Screen Menu Item - to process selection dialog data using TransformationBefore and TransformationAfter attributes
- Report Menu Item - to process selection dialog data using TransformationBefore and TransformationAfter attributes
- Notification Boxes And Tooltips - to transform data into a tooltip
- Data Page - for transforming data from XML to other formats (XML, HTML, CSV…)